So today is world jollof rice day and to celebrate it, I’m giving you the gift of my bomb jollof rice recipe.
You will need:
One Tin tomato
A finger of Ginger
A small clove of Garlic
A bulb of Onions (diced)
A pinch of Salt
Handful of Pepper
1 tablespoon of Curry
1 tablespoon of Thyme
A cup of Crayfish
1 Knorr and 3 star seasoning cube
- Parboil your rice, wash and sieve it then set aside
- Pour oil into frying pan and when it’s hot throw your diced onions into it. Immediately pour your tin tomato and blended pepper into the mix. Keep stirring till its slappy taste is gone. This would take about 10 minutes. Add your grinded ginger and garlic to the mix(keep stirring).
- Bring down your tomato puree. Pour your already parboiled rice into a pot and add water (if you are preparing this dish with chicken or beef please add the stock in addition to the water). Make sure the water or mixed liquid is a little higher than the rice.
- Add more onions, your crayfish, thyme, salt, seasoning cube and tomato puree to the rice (add it alongside the oil you used in frying but please do so in moderation)
- Put the rice on fire and keep checking for the water to dry up and till it’s soft.
- Please do not stir jollof rice while it’s on fire because it would burn.
- Once the water is dried up, put off the gas and enjoy your jollof.
Jollof is best served with fried plantain,moi moi, salad, grilled chicken and cold juice.
Hope I was helpful😉